Jalapeños!

A while back, I bought six tiny starter jalapeño plants from a local gardening store here in Minnesota. I planted three in a flower box and brought it back to my apartment, and planted three in my parent's garden. The three jalapeños grew more quickly in my apartment in comparison to the three at my parent's house outside. The three at my apartment also flowered first, which I thought was really interesting. Somewhere along the way, their three plants outgrew mine, flowered, and then produced these HUGE jalapeños!
My three plants produced many flowers, but the flowers would then quickly wither. For every one jalapeño grown at my apartment, there were six at my parent's home. I harvested ten in total, there is more to come. I am not entirely sure what I am going to do with all of these jalapeños... I'll give them to family and friends. I am planning on making bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed jalapeños. I highly recommend you try it! It's super tasty. Anyways, happy gardening!

Comments